Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Read Across America Day

After finally recovering (thanks to February Break) from complete burnout, I have returned to find Read Across America day is next week, and I've got nothing planned. I whipped together packets from online resources to give the teachers some ideas and conned my principal into buying the staff Cat-in-the-Hat-Hats. Otherwise, I've got nothing and no energy to pull together another complicated school wide event (our last RIF distribution and our reading competetition were a few weeks ago). What are the rest of you doing? Do you have any "easy-to-implement" ideas that don't cost much/anything?

1 comment:

Liz said...

So far, I've got a whole bunch of nothing too...it really crept up on my! I'm trying to throw something together last minute, but I don't know if it will really come together. If nothing else, I'm doing Seuss trivia on the morning announcements all of next week...I'll let you know if I come up with anything! Oh, you've probably seen it, but you can get a digital version of Horton Hears a Who to read on the computer.